Sunday, 29 January 2012
Saturday, 28 January 2012
Recently I finished basing 13 more minis of the 6eme Dragons, the third regiment of my division. All but one of these were painted by Shaun Duncan (thanks Shaun!), although I subsequently dipped and retouched the riders and added some detail, such as the regiment numbers on the saddles. All minis Perry. I gave them a very nice GMB Flag (below), the first I've used: a fine product.
Now I'm three full regiments into my division, with one left to go. I'm currently retouching/basing three dozen "dragons a pied" so that I can field one brigade, dismonted. In around a week's time, I will start working on the final regiment of 24 dragoon minis that just arrived, very nicely painted, from Wraith on Wheels. I also need to paint the divisonal general and trumpeter, and a battery of horse artillery to complete the division. Hopefully late February?
Sunday, 8 January 2012
A snatched shot of the third dragoon regiment I'm working on. Most of these minis were painted by Shaun Duncan. The second batch had a slightly different shade of red facings, and I decided to spend a couple of sessions repainting the earlier set to match the later, add some highlights, regimental numbers and so forth, before basing. I'm about half way...
Thursday, 5 January 2012
Over Christmas I painted, and have just finished basing 8 more Perry French dragoons (below, bad photo; they are really nice: honestly).
These complete my 24-man 2eme Regiment de Dragons (below)...
...and the 2eme Dragons, with the 19eme (from last month), temporarily completes the first Brigade of my cavalry division.
Next I have to base the second half of the 6eme (not shown), and then paint another regiment (the 18eme, which have lovely rose facings). Eventually, the 2eme will be brigaded with 6eme, and the 18eme with the 19eme, as they sometimes were historically.
As you can gather, I'm quite a fan of these Perry miniatures! The cheapness of the plastic miniatures is fantastic, although the overall economy is somewhat diminished by the wodges of money I've paid to get most of these painted. ;-)